Saturday, August 24, 2019

August Birthday

August B-day celebration
On Thursday 22 August, members of KOICA 7 and 8 batch students gathered at a dinner at Yugkori, Pohang, to celebrate birthdays for those who have theirs on the month of August. 

Four (4) members were on the list, which their birthday falls on the month of August.

A birthday celebration is one of the important events that mark the birthday and a time to reflect on life. 

To many, the celebration reminds them of the fortune and success they went through in life. Others it means a time they will gather around a table, piled with foods and the birthday cake, and family members and friends gathered to convey their birthday greetings.

For me, it is just a reminder of how many birthdays I have celebrated so far. As far as I can recall, have a chance to celebrate 3 birthdays in a foreign country (1 in Taiwan & 2 in South Korea). I never celebrated birthday parties with my biological family members. I wish to but it is just impossible. Life just does not allow me to enjoy that party with them. But today, it was another new experience as we gathered and celebrate birthday with friends from other countries (Africa & Asia). It was just amazing, life is good and that is how it mends for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment